Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Granny Dress

 
 
Believe it or not, I got this dress for $8 from Ross....$8!!! I wear this dress to the beach, to work, out to parties, and even to sleep. But for some reason, every time I wear it, people say I look like a granny. UM EXCUSE ME?? I think I can make it look pretty darn good. What do you think?

 
 

 

Does this look like a granny dress to you? I mean yeah I'd understand if I didn't wear accessories with it, but the fact that I am makes no sense. It's a nice beachy dress which you can turn into the Brooklyn Beach style. The denim, red lips, and brown peep toed shoes make it look trendy. AND it is the lightest piece of fabric I own which is PERFECT for this 90 degree weather in FL right now.
 
This is such a chic/casual outfit that it be grand for any day of the week. The characteristic(s) that stands out most about this dress that I became infatuated with is the length, the slit, and how it just flows down. If you notice a lot of the street styles these days, most of the pants, skirts and dresses come down right smack in the middle of your shin and I absolutely love that. It such a fun and corky length to mess around with! Petite or tall, anyone could pull that off with the correct outfit. The 2 slits on the side is was makes it chic looking. What kind of granny would wear a dress with 2 slits on the side?? GEEZ. It's a silhouette dress, so it's not form fitting at all, which we all know is my favorite types of dresses and looks. So many girls feel the need to show off their figure, which is fine of course, but you can also look just as beautiful in a silhouette dress!
 

This dress also came in the navy color, which I was not to fond of. I forget all of the cute things Ross and TJ Max carries; the prices are super good too! So, if you're looking for a super cute wardrobe for this summer and fast, go ahead & hit these places! I'm sure you'll get lucky like I did.
 
Oh and btw, it was about 95 degrees while shooting this. Props to my fab brother for hangin in there!
 
xoxo
 
Wearing:
  • Ross ($8)
  • Aldo Necklace ($20)
  • Aldo peep toed heels ($100)
  • Forever 21 denim button down ($15)