Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The beauty of Oatmeal Masks


I never thought I would actually follow someone else's advice for once, but I'm extremely happy that I did. If you're looking to do something different for your skin, this is a MUST.

Just recently I tried the Apple-Oatmeal Exfoliating Mask and it was the splash of refreshment I've been looking for. A lot of us have many different problems with our skin; frustrating I know. My problem just so happens to be my chin....blah. I have that struggle between dry yet oily skin, so usually finding something that suits me perfectly is almost impossible. The Apple-Oatmeal mask is perfect for ALL SKIN TYPES. I repeat ALL SKIN TYPES.

I apply the mask about twice a week, especially since it's summer time. The hotness makes me sweat my makeup off and boy do my pores just love me for that. And the fact that it's Florida so it's either raining one day or sunny the next. It makes my skin feel extremely soft....like baby soft. It keeps it hydrated throughout the hot and dry days; the oatmeal loves to suck up the oil. Which we all need! I've been doing it for about a week so far and I could already tell the difference.

After a long days work, grab your glass of wine AFTER you apply this mask and relax! And for guys, grab your cold beer! There's been some pretty good shows on lately to get into! Here's what you need:

Apple-Oatmeal Exfoliating Mask Ingredients:
2 tablespoons oatmeal
1-tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons applesauce
Rose water
 
Directions:
Mix 2 tablespoons applesauce (you can also cut, peel and core a ½ medium-sized apple and puree in a food processor), 1-tablespoon honey, and 2 tablespoons oatmeal together, with a few drops of rose water. Leave on for 10-15 minutes then rinse with water!
 
For more AMAZING Oatmeal Masks there are a few good ones at http://multiculturalbeauty.about.com/od/Skincare/a/10-Oatmeal-Facial-Masks.htm
 
xoxo